Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Most Likely to Commit Murder

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Most Likely to Commit Murder

    Some 90 percent of murderers are mentally ill, a higher percentage than believed previously, according to a Swedish study.
    For the study in the scientific magazine "Forskning och Framsteg" -- which has also been published by The American Journal of Psychiatry -- researchers examined the court psychiatry records and other medical evidence for 2,000 people found guilty of murder, attempted murder, manslaughter or attempted manslaughter between 1998 and 2001 in Sweden.
    The certified psychiatric illnesses include schizophrenia, personality disorders, anxiety, post-traumatic stress and depression.
    Many of the convicted people had two or more of these, and half had a history of substance abuse.
    This percentage is higher than in other studies in comparable Western European countries, possibly because the Swedish researchers had access to more complete evidence, Forskning och Framsteg said.
    But research authors Martin Grann and Seena Fazel at the Karolinska Institute claimed that their findings could even be on the low side, given that many killers commit suicide and therefore never undergo psychiatric tests.
    The Swedish situation is different from that in countries where organized crime, drug trade and easy access to weapons result in a higher percentage of murders committed by people who are not certifiably ill than in Western Europe, the study's authors acknowledged.
    They cited as examples the United States, Bolivia, South Africa and the Baltic countries.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PainfullyTaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    I believe that to a point..but who do you know that hasn't been depressed or suffered from some social problems..I know a lot about the mind of those that are mentally ill and those who are enchanted by the mass chaos and the thrill of killing....Let's say Charles Manson....the reasons for his killings were because that he thought that he was helping those in which he had killed BUT he had enough since not to do it on his own...therefore there is always some intellectual thoughts behind a murder....I don't know how exactly to say it but it is proven that Manson..just like many others, such as Dahmer and Bundy...had rough child hoods...but there are millions of people that have had it rough..therefore I don't believe that you can base it all on the mental statis of the person.......Just my thoughts...
    *~WhaT*HaVe*i*BeCoMe?*mY*SwEEteSt*FriEnD~
    ~EvErYonE*I*KnoW*GoEs*AwAy*In*tHe*EnD~*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer rape men?
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    I can't say that I know the mind of the mentally ill, but I work with mentally ill and I think that a lot can contribute to their actions and their mental illness.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    Yes he did as did John Wayne Gacy ... 2 EXTREMELY sick individuals .... Bundy wasnt right in the head either ... he would murder then have sex with the women ...
    "Why so serious?"

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    That is like the shrink that says "There is nothing to kill yourself over." Try being some of those people! I'd kill my self, wouldn't you? If the shrink isn't Manson , how can he or she know how bad his life was? And did you ever hear the joke about the 9 big Sweeds, runnin' thru da 'veeds, chased by one guy from Norway?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PainfullyTaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    Jeffrey Dahmer would take men home, rape them, murder them, dismember them, then keep "certain" parts of their bodies and practice necrophilia...if there wasn't anyone around that he could quickly murder he would travel to graveyards and morgues....it is true that he had a bad childhood and he was deeply depressed, but not mentally ill...i guess it's just different strokes for different folks..although I don't agree with it I personally think that he was one of the greatest serial killers of our time...
    you can read more about him at
    www.tornadohills.com/dahmer
    *~WhaT*HaVe*i*BeCoMe?*mY*SwEEteSt*FriEnD~
    ~EvErYonE*I*KnoW*GoEs*AwAy*In*tHe*EnD~*

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    jeffrey dahmer killed mostly women.....he kept their parts as a "trophy"........
    and he was not a "great" serial killer.....serial killers are not great....they are "sick and physco"

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_MoNoXiDe's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2005
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    jeffrey dahmer didn't kill ANY women actually and yes he was great most serial killers are pure genuises
    Everybody spits in my face, Everybody spits the same and it really hits on the vein

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Dukefan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2004
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most Likely to Commit Murder

    whats so great about a serial killer?? They kill innocent people for no reason.
    [img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •